The Society for Longitudinal and Life Course Studies is an international learned society with a multi-disciplinary nature, bringing together members who have a shared interest in longitudinal and life course research. SLLS was established in 2009 and has nearly 200 members worldwide, and this letter is to invite you to become a member yourself.
As a member of SLLS you will receive:
• automatic registration for our open access, peer reviewed online journal, Longitudinal & Life Course Studies
• substantial discounts on publishing costs for LLCS
• a regular bulletin of global news and events in longitudinal and life course research from our President
• reduced fees for attendance at the Society’s annual conference, which this year will be hosted by the University of Bielefeld, Germany between September 26th and 28th, 2011
• collaborative contacts throughout the global longitudinal and life course research community
• a close association with the Longview think tank, which promotes longitudinal research and communication between policy makers and researchers
• access to capacity building initiatives, including our annual summer school, online master classes and methodological and longitudinal practice workshops
• a regional Global Representative, who will promote SLLS in your region
• the opportunity to make nominations, be nominated and vote in elections for the future SLLS President and Executive Committee.
As an alternative to individual membership, if your colleagues are also engaged with longitudinal or life course research, your institution may become a corporate member. For full information on the Society’s activities, the call for papers for our 2011 conference and for the application form to join please visit us at www.slls.org.uk.
As the North American Representative and member of the SLLS Executive Committee, I see the Society as an exciting venture for anyone interested in longitudinal and/or life course studies. If you have other colleagues who you feel might be interested in joining this newly formed society, please pass this information along to them too.
Section on Children and Youth